Monday 9 November 2009

Using Video in Spanish class

Using the Cybershot camera and the gorilla pod, I made a short video of myself having a conversation with a Spanish friend, perched on my kitchen table! I showed it in class using the laptop and projector.
The great advantage of making our own materials is that it can be tailored exactly to the learners - I have found it a very effective method of checking and consolidating what they've learnt.
It suits most of my learners that the classes are held in small, friendly and familiar settings - one of the disadvantages is that we don't have whiteboards suitable to project video clips and photos onto. The canteen blind worked fine! I chose this rather than a white sheet which I'd tried before. I wondered if AdEd could look into providing small, portable screens which we could use?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Lizzie
Great to read how you are using your equipment for Spanish this time. Your plea for a portable screen has come at a good time - we are looking at how we are going to spend this year's Camel funding. Can't promise but will certainly look at how much they are.

Gill said...

I agree, a portable screen would be really useful. I was hoping those "popout" ones would be more readily available (on the same principle as those sunshade screens you see in car windows) but haven't seen them anywhere yet.