Wednesday 22 October 2008

Experimenting


A train journey to London and back yesterday gave me plenty of time to try out the new Eee PC. Can highly recommend it for working on the go. It's light and so compact you can use it on the pull down table without disturbing the person in the next seat. Also after an hour's trek across the city I didn't know I had it - couldn't say that about my usual laptop. My current laptop runs out of power after a couple of hours - not this one. It kept going for over 4 hours,still had over a hour left when I finished and wasn't fully charged when I started the day.

I played with some of the features too. There's a potentially interesting video capture programme but on the two occasions I tried it, it crashed the laptop, so more work to be done there.

However, the built in webcam does enable me to take a photo and I'm just about to experiment with loading it to the web. Thought I could then challenge the provider managers to give this a try on Friday. If there's a pic above I've been successful - it not I'll keep trying.

Hmmm success but not a very flattering photo.

6 comments:

Gill said...

Jane, I didn't realise you had a much prettier and slimmer sister who works for AdEd in Shire Hall?!
(strange, she's called Jane too but perhaps your Mum liked the name...)

Seriously, that is NOT a good photo!

Rural Spaceman said...

I'm with Gill - remove the photo, it's just not you!

Unknown said...

I agree it is an awful photo because it was taken with me looking down at the camera. However, I didn't feel being vain was appropriate when I am going to ask other people to do this on Friday. It has be said a couple of years ago I would have spent hours getting a "nice photo" to post.

lizzie g said...

That sounds like a very useful laptop Jane, thanks for sharing, and the photo's fine!

Anonymous said...

London trips - executive lefestyle laptops. Are you sure you are working for the county council?

Anonymous said...

One of the Aded cameras might have been more flattering!!