Thursday 16 October 2008

New Equipment



Am posting this blog on one of the new Eee PC's we have purchased with CaMel funding. It is very easy to set up and is smaller than an A4 sheet. I have taken a photograph of it with a standard size paperback so that you can get an idea of the size. Several people in the office who have seen it have asked about the keyboard. I'm impressed with the keyboard - and I speak as a typist. The only difficulty I have found is the location of the Shift key on the lefthand side. There is a page up key where the shift would usually be which means I send the cursor up a line every time I try to do a capital - but I'm confident I'll soon get used to it. Once set up the PC loads in seconds when you turn it on. It has Windows XP Home edition and Works installed. We have a set of 10. If you would like to borrow one or more to use with your group please let me know how you would make use of them.

3 comments:

karinw said...

Hi, my name is Karin Whittaker and I am interested in borrowing a laptop as shown. I am an AdEd tutor for Artspace and my friend Lizzie emailed me this link.
How do I go about borrowing this piece of equipment?
Many thanks
Karin

Gill said...

Hi Karin! Good to see you here....

In answer to your question, drop my colleague Jane Carter-Dunn an email Jane.Carter-Dunn@gloucestershire.gov.uk and she'll be right back to you, I'm sure.

Are you coming to the Camel event (mentioned earlier in the blog?) Lizzie is doing a workshop I think....

Unknown said...

Hi Karin

As Gill says please do get in touch with me about the equipment. Once I have your email address I can send you an invitation to the blog so you can post new items as well as just comment on others'. We do still have spaces for the CaMel Bazaar at Gloucester Rugby Club next Friday (24th) from 1 - 4. Let me know if you'd like to join us.

Look forward to hearing from you.