Monday 19 May 2008

Gorillas can abseil!




I know this won't be everyone's cup of tea but I wanted to show what terrific picture quality I got when doing a bit of ruffling on my sewing machine this afternoon. W55 Cybershot camera was set to "fine" video quality, a bit of a zoom in and tied the gorillapod to the handle of my machine - my gorilla was abseiling down the side of my machine! (Actually, during the filming of the ruffling, the camera was the other way up....I haven't yet discovered how to turn video films through 180 degrees)


I thought the vibration of the machine would make the picture juddery but it seems to have made little difference.




Anyway, when you next need a demonstration of a sewing machine ruffler foot, you know where to find one!

2 comments:

lizzie g said...

That's a great video clip, I also usually set the camera to "fine", I think the quality of shot and clip with these cameras is superb. I've never seen a machine ruffler fot in action before, thank you!

aleksandra said...

What a great little device! And I mean the foot, not the camera:) I learned to make ruffles the traditional way, so I guess it must be such a helpful thing in sewing.
And the video is really good, as well:)