Monday 19 May 2008

Power Point

I asked my Experimental Embroidery learners a fortnight ago if they were planning to go to Stroudwater Textiles Fextival, they all said they were unable to go. I went last Sunday and took a lot of photos (over a hundred!). I made a Power Point Presentation, rather long, 26 slides! I had it running on the laptop during the session today. I have 13 learners in the group and they all spent some time in groups of two to four, watching it and chatting. Several said they'd love to go next year to the festival.

They were introduced to contemporary textile artists they hadn't heard of, including Ana King, one of my favourites.

Another good thing came out of it - several people who'd never used a laptop before learnt to use the mouse.

It felt very successful and so I'm planning to do the same again tomorrow with another class, my Community Textiles Group.

1 comment:

Jane CD said...

What a great way of sharing your day at the festival.