Sunday 18 May 2008

Learners demonstrating that they've learnt!

Here are two of the video clips I used when making a film using Movie Maker but couldn't upload to Blog for some reason. The learners were pleased to watch it on the camera, I'll show them the Movie Maker video on the laptop on Friday. I'm not sure if I like the sound of my own voice! But I think that video clips are a great way of showing that real learning is taking place.

The chap saying "well done" was a carer who comes to collect two of my learners, he was impressed with what they were achieving, I've sent a few video clips to their home, for them to show there, to use for fundraising and to give to parents.

Having made a video with Movie Maker though, I feel dissatisfied with these in comparison, adding text and putting clips together makes them so much better, but I'm definitely not a perfectionist, I'm learning a lot fast but can see how very much more there is to learn!

3 comments:

aleksandra said...

Lizzie, I hope you won't mind if I use your idea at home:) I'm sure my daughter will love making this kind of book. And I'm sure your learnrs enjoyed doing it as well.
As for your MM film- I just though it might have been too big for the blog. Have you checked the size of it?

lizzie g said...

No I wouldn't mind at all! They're called Piano Hinge books, I love them, if you look at my Flickr stream there are several more samples. Enjoy!

Gill said...

Lizzie, it's so tempting to spend ages working on all the editing etc but you know, I think these videos are simply great as they are. So clear, they are a terrific example of what's possible with that neat little camera.

I love your piano hinge books too!