Thursday 8 May 2008

Inspired by Aleksandra!

Inspired by Aleksandra's video clip posted here yesterday (which was the buzz of conversation!) we made a video recording during today's training. I used the little Cybershot 55 camera and played around with Windows Movie Maker once I got home. It took me about 35 minutes to make this short film, which is made of an opening title, the video clip, a still image and a closing clip. I imported a music file from Windows to accompany it but couldn't work out how to get rid of the recorded sound. When I listened to it though, I liked it with both sound and music.

I found Movie Maker far easier than the video editing software we were playing with the other day. Not only that, but it did everything I wanted it to do - clipping and editing included. Believe me, I didn't even know I had got the Movie Maker program on my computer until today!

Good stuff!

Watch out everybody...the video makers are coming.

4 comments:

lizzie g said...

Very inspiring indeed Gill! I've kept Jane's clear hand out from Tuesday's training and will make time soon to learn how to use Movie Maker.

Jane CD said...

Gill - glad you found it could do all you wanted to. To change the balance of audio from video and added audio/music use Tools > Audio Levels.

Gill said...

Thanks Jane. Knew it was in there somewhere and did a basic look at the help files but as I didn't have long this evening, I left it as it was.

Next time, the sound will be more refined!

aleksandra said...

Gill, I didn't realise the Movie Maker was on my computer, either!A thousand thanks to Jane for telling me:)